contact

you may contact shona via email:
smacomberarts@gmail.com

8/3/10

This Summer's Peaches


I grew up in Modesto, CA, so my standard for summer peaches is very high. Back in those days the "rule" was that you could walk into an orchard and pick as many peaches as you could carry in your hands. The orchards surrounding our house grew peaches so large that I could only carry three, maybe four at a time. I'd create a hide-away in the tall, cool grasses that grew at the base of the trees and usually eat the entire armload in one sweet afternoon. Nothing in the grocery store can come close. Even the fruit stands, though pretty wonderful, can't compare to the warm juiciness of a fresh-picked, fuzzy, softly-glowing perfect peach. Don't get me started on fresh apricots....

Prints of This Summer's Peaches are available on fineartarmerica.com. Contact me for the original (16x20").

No comments: