contact

you may contact shona via email:
smacomberarts@gmail.com

11/17/10

Sunset Supper


End of the day, end of the season, constant cycle and change. Even though change can tend to be unnerving, its affects on me are welcomed. I need fresh starts and new motivations to stay creative. Don't we all? I walk my neighborhood every day and since we've lived here for ten years, I've become very familiar with all the houses and yards that make up this little world. A man of routine lives on the far loop of my route. He sits in a reclining chair just inside the front window, probably facing a TV. Every evening he is there, same position, same look on his face, perhaps very secure in the sameness. But I see emptiness and a lack of living. I guess it's all in one's perspective.
My painting, "Sunset Supper", is about celebrating change. An end-of-the-season garden is a perfect setting for closing one form of bounty and welcoming the next potential harvest. Perhaps something new will grow from the challenge of the inevitable winter yet to come. Then it will be time to celebrate Spring! Bring on the changes...
Sunset Supper is available. Prints will also be available in the near future.

No comments: